Friday, November 3, 2017

Architectural Permits and Fees

I'm always looking for new ways for my simmies to suffer, I mean, live. I've been upset that remodels don't cost anywhere near as much as they do in real life and often sims can get paid when they remodel-what?!?!?!

So I'm introducing a system of permits and fees for remodels done in my hood. The fees will help it to be a bit more realistic and will force some of my families to either work with what they have, save up to make big changes or move.


Fees
The following fees are assessed for the hood council to review and approve building changes within the hood for residential and commercial property. 

§0---Interior paint, interior flooring

§1000---Landscaping addition/removal approval fee

§1000---Interior door removal, relocation or addition, per 5 tiles
              For example-adding/removing 2 1-tiled doors & 1 2-tiled door would be §1000 (4 tiles total)

§2000---Exterior door/window removal, relocation or addition, per 5 tiles
              For example-adding 2 1-tiled windows & 1 2-tiled door would be §2000 (4 tiles total)

§1000---Interior wall removal or addition, per 5 tiles
              For example-adding/removing 1-5 tiles of wall would be §1000, 6-10 would be §2000, etc

§3000---Exterior wall removal or addition, per 5 tiles
              For example-adding/removing 1-5 tiles of wall would be §3000, 6-10 would be §6000, etc

§1000---Light removal, relocation or addition, per room

§2000---Plumbing removal or relocation within the same room, per "pipe"
              "Pipe" refers to any appliance or device that uses water/gas pipes (dishwashers, fridges,                        washer machines, tubs, sinks, showers, gas stoves, furnaces, etc)

§4000---Plumbing addition in room without existing plumbing

§2000---Exterior repaint/reshingle approval fee

§10,000---Additional level added (does not include addition of walls, doors, etc), per level. 
              For example-adding a second level would be §20,000, third level would be §30,000, etc

6 comments:

  1. What's considered landscaping with that fee? I mean IRL we've planted trees and bushes for the cost of them from the garden shop or Home Depot, no fees or permits. Also hubby has built brick walkways, retaining walls for just the cost of materials.

    I know how it's too cheap and easy compared to real life for sims to renovate, add-on, etc. but the only things we've ever needed permits for was when my hubby built our sunroom and when we had gas lines installed. Heck, a week ago he replaced the original big living room window with a new one. Just had to buy the window and caulking for $500, no permit or fees. Ditto for replacing all the other windows years ago, redoing the bathroom, floors, kitchen cabinets and counters. Although all this stuff would've been way more expensive if we had to pay people to do the work. And different locales have different laws regarding fees and permits.

    Sorry for rambling, I'm just a little in shock at Apple Valley's new fees for stuff like moving/adding things like doors. lol

    This gives me an idea for my own game though. Maybe have low-mechanical sims pay a premium on home improvements since IRL they'd have to pay someone to do the work and have everyone pay for new roofs since roofs aren't free IRL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fees are meant to represent labor. I like your idea about low mechanical sims paying a premium. Thanks for reading and commenting

      Delete
  2. You are full of ideas! I kind of like the unrealistic remodelling costs in game (because it means I can do it as often as I like!) but this is very clever, regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have trouble keeping my simmies poor so this helps. Thanks for reading and commenting

      Delete
  3. I think this helps balance out the cost overall compared to real life, but I have to say I also love remodeling and probably wouldn't limit myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably won't limit myself in my decorating/building lots, but this helps me spend all my simmies money. Thanks for reading and commenting

      Delete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails