Thursday, April 7, 2011

How Thoughful, 2007

Havar, fall, 2007

Faith is 23, Olivia is 1, Vivienne is 4 simlonic months. Walt Jones is 24



Faith was right, the rent eventually increased at their old apartment, forcing the family to move to a new apartment. Faith didn't mind as much, their apartment was above an asian bistro and she loved the smells of dumplings that came through the vents into the tiny apartment.


It was Christmas time which mean overtime and extra cash for the family. It also meant more sleepless nights and lots of leftovers from work. Usually sweets and cakes, but occasionally some dips or remains of cheese.


Vivienne was crawling now and seemed so big for her age,


much bigger than Olivia was at 4 simlonic months.


Faith always had to keep an eye on the little one to make sure she didn't stuff a strange toy down her mouth.


Between her long shift at the record store and pulling the occasional double, Faith found herself constantly starving and tired.

So much so that she was now worried.

"What if I'm pregnant again?"

"Then we'd be parents again."


"It's not that simple. We can barely afford rent and food and things for the girls. How can we afford another child."

"We will make it work."


Faith found it hard to believe that they could make it work as she surveyed the contents of their fridge. Moldy cheese that needed to be tossed, wilted lettuce, expired milk, jars of mashed eggplants and beets baby food, formula for Vivienne and a container of mustard sitting next to the six pack of beer.

"What's for dinner?" Walt asked behind her.

"You're choice, moldy cheese or toddler crackers."

Walt grimaced. "Ugh, just pass me a beer."

"We need groceries."

"I haven't gotten paid yet and last time I checked your paycheck won't arrive until Friday."

Faith sighed, "Maybe I should try playing my violin at a few holiday parties."

"Hey, why not. My boss is throwing a party, I can suggest your services to her."


The next day, Faith received her first performance request in simyears. She was excited so much that she could barely remember the notes.


She practiced daily for a week until the performance and was able to bring home a few extra dollars.

"Congratulations, I heard that you were a hit."

"Thanks."

"I got you a present, Merry Christmas."


"How could you-"

"I got a little bonus at work."


Faith eagerly opened the gift. "Aww, you shouldn't have."

"You like it? I thought of you when I saw it."

"A gym membership...how...thoughtful," she struggled to find the right words to not hurt his feelings. One did not buy gym membership, frying pans or a new mop as a gift for Christmas...ever!

"You've been complaining about Vivienne's baby weight, so why not spend a few hours at the gym. You have to use it up quickly, those days expire in two simweeks."


"Thanks...how...sweet..."

"Not a problem, I treat my lady right. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Walt."

9 comments:

  1. lol! Well, it was thoughtful of Walt to get her a surprise gift, but yeah...not exactly the kind of gift you give your wife unless she specifically asks for it. Even then, it's a bit iffy. ;)

    The girls are adorable! I hope the family's financial situation improves and they don't have to worry so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow......Walt......not a good idea! A gym membership? For a woman who just had a baby and is conscious of her weight gain? I'll say this, he's a brave one! The girls really are cute and hopefully things will turn around soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL He got her a gym membership. How... sweet. Just like a guy. But I know he truly feels that he's being thoughful and romantic. I hope Faith isn't preggos again, but if she is, they'll figure things out. Doesn't she still gt royalties from her album sales?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...I think Walt's heart was in the right place with his gift and that's what counts! Men are a bit clueless about that kind of thing at times. Maybe Faith will end up being grateful for the gift anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Walt! I can't believe that he's never had enough experience with women to know that this is probably not the best idea. I appreciate his good intentions but man, oh man!

    If Faith makes a lot of use out of it, they may indeed be parents for a third time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Faith isn't pregnant. I can't imagine the amount of stress that would put on their family.

    LOL @ the gym memebership. Such a bad call.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shana, thanks. The girls are cuties, they take after both parents, I was hoping for a blond, but redheads are cute.

    Mizzgin03, you're right, gym membership isn't the best gift regardless.

    Riverdale, Faith does get some royalties, but not many sims are buying classical rock style violin CDs :P

    Carla,Walt is trying, he's a bit clueless as he grew up around boys his entire life.

    Choco, Walt's experience with women usually didn't last as long as he's been with Faith. He's never had to get a mother of two a gift before :P

    HCove, thanks for reading. Another child would be a lot of stress. I'm horrible at playing poor sims, it's so easy for them to make money!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol on the gym! At least Faith took it well, she could have been crazy wounded and assumed he thought she was fat, and let it really wreck some havoc on their holiday season.

    I hope she isn't expecting yet again. I think they are a cute little family, struggling to make ends meet with their two little daughters. Although I'd go crazy living above an asian bistro, I'd get fat just dreaming of the cuisine downstairs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. -Maisie, lol! I would probably eat downstairs everyday, but Faith and Walt don't have to money to do so, otherwise Faith would be a lot bigger than what she is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails