Monday, June 28, 2010

What I'm Looking For, Part 2, 2006

Lovar, spring, 2006
Krissy Thorn and Bill Carr are seniors, Emma Seavey is a junior, Susie MacAstral and Benjamin Endeavor are sophmores, Lainey Lorde, S'Ahmisa Warwick and Verde Herendez are freshmen.


 
Verde watched the curves of Lainey's hips as she confidently strode towards a spot on the beach.
 
"This spot will do," she declared, displaying every bit of her royal training with the fluid motions of her hands.
 
Verde happily nodded and dropped their stuff. "Should we swim or tan first?"
 
Lainey didn't answer him immediately, chosing instead to slowly strip her shorts and shirt off and neatly fold them before placing them in the small bag. She cocked her head considering the question. "Tan, then the ocean water can cool our skin afterwards."

 
"The way you say that, mi amor, drives me crazy." Verde said picking up her hand to press the delicate skin to his lips.
 
So they tanned,
 
then swam
 
and finally sat on the beach watching the waves flank the setting sun.
 
"My father wants me to get married."
 
"Why do you say that?"
 
"He said that he wants a family member to get engaged. Rojo is barely fourteen and Serendipity hasn't hit puberty yet. Thus that leaves me to fulfill his desire."

 
"What do you think about all of that?" Lainey asked cautiously, keeping her eyes trained on the waves, careful not to betray her feelings. She wanted to get married as well, but was trying to be patient.
 
"I want to get married, but sometimes I wonder if I'm too young." He said getting up.  "S'Ahmisa would say that I need to have a steady job and source of income before I even think about marriage. I just don't think that's the path for me. I sometimes wonder if I'm wasting my time getting a degree."
 
"How can a degree be a waste of time?"
 
Verde shrugged. "I used to have this dream about being a famous general, leading troops into battle and emerging victorious. Now...now I don't know if that's what I truly want. I want a wife, children and a nice little house. I want to spend my days watching clouds and enjoying leisurely activities."

 
"How will you afford a house for a wife and children if you have no job?"
 
"I will collect my inheritance soon and besides, the fort provides on-base housing for families."
 
"So you plan on joining the military full-time?"
 
Verde nodded. "I guess."
 
"You guess? Don't you have a plan, Verde?"
 
Verde shrugged. Life wasn't always about having plans and mapping things out. That wasn't what he was looking for. He wanted to live life day to day, to enjoy making friends and his family. He didn't have a plan to accomplish his dreams, but he knew that he would get it if he simply started to walk in the right direction.
 
"Does it bother you that I don't have a plan?" he asked. There was another woman who despised the fact that he didn't have a plan...or at least didn't have a plan that aligned with her plan for world domination. He would argue that he did have a plan, however it wasn't as long term as most plans.
 
"Verde, I love you, plan or no plan."
 
"I love you, too."
 
---
 
The couple continued to enjoy their short spring break by digging for shells,
 
making out on the beach,
 
pillow fights in their underwear,


looking into each other's eyes,

 
and nights cuddling on the couch.
 
"You do know that I will get my inheritance soon...it's not going to be much, but it will help."
 
Lainey smiled. "Are you still concerned about that?"
 
"I just..."
 
"What?"
 
Verde couldn't bring himself to say it just yet. He wanted to be sure that he was what she was looking for before putting his heart out there.
 
"I love you,"
 
"I love you too."
 
 
---
 
Verde and S'Ahmisa break up;
  • Lainey has the want to get engaged to Verde, while Antonio has the want for a relative to get engaged. Verde has the want to juggle ^_^ 

8 comments:

  1. Haha Verde wants to juggle instead of make a life changing decision to get married.....I think as a freshman in college, that's a pretty fair thing to want :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL he has the want to juggle. That tickled me to no end. I really enjoyed this update. I'm glad that they found each other. They go good together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chuckled at that want, too. How funny!

    I was just sitting here thinking, it's good that Verde has met somebody that fits him. Lainey is a classy girl, I like her.

    I'm sure whatever Verde decides to do with his life, it will come at the right time...he's a good kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I laughed at Verde's want to juggle. Well, he's young. He has time!

    I'm finding myself really liking Lainey! I hope they stay together because I want to see more of her.

    I love Lainey's underwear. Do you remember where you got that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! Well, see Verde does have a plan...it just involves juggling right now. ;) I like the two of them together and she seems to be a better match for him than S'Ahmisa. S'Ahmisa is just so driven to succeed and it seems like she expects others around her to be the same way (not that this is a bad thing!). It's good that Verde has found someone that accepts him as he is (and that S'Ahmisa can find someone who suits her motivated personality).

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, they are super sweet together. I love when they exchanged affection at the end, and pillow fights in underwear, is there anything better!

    He's young, I hope that it works with Lainey to live in the moment more, and not need a plan too, cause we all know plans don't always work out anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. -Mizzgin03, you're right-college freshmen should juggle :P and study of course.

    -Riverdale, Yea, marriage isn't even on Verde's radar at the moment.

    -SH, Lainey is definately classy. She's of royal blood-6th in the line for the throne in her island nation-so she has to be classy.

    -Carla, This was an outfit that I deleted from my downloads folder while culling my downloads weeks ago. It took forever to find, but I finally found it-yay! . It's confide's silky-black/sage on TSR. Lainey is pretty interesting, she's a certified princess so hopefully Verde will be her prince charming.

    -Shana, Lainey is a good fit for Verde, she's pretty laid back-a LOT more than S'Ahmisa. I hope S'Ahmisa can find someone to suit her as well.

    -Maisie, my simmies tend to remind me constantly that plans don't work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Verde and Lainey have more than enough time to plan out their futures. I think they are headed the right directions.

    They should just enjoy college and let whatever happens happens.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails