Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Generously Reward, 2005

Givar, winter, 2005

Anthony sat hunched over the small machine. The results were astonishing to say the least. After numerous trials it was now time to extract the life-saving elixer for sim consumption.

Dr. Julio Wilsonoff monitored as the machine churned away. Finally, finally everything would end. It was too late for Ping, but perhaps they could save other sims.

Dr. Suzanna McMillian perferred to sit while she waited for the elixer. Her pregnancy left her short of energy, but this moment was worth suspending appointments and locking themselves in a basic bare room of a lab. Dr. Wilsonoff really ought to ask the county council for more funding, at least for a renovation.

Thankfully the two doctors had agreed to extend Dr. Donna O'Dale a job offer and she accepted. The addition of another doctor would free Julio to focus on general care, Suzanna to focus on OG/GYN and Donna would focus on pediatrics. The young doctor would arrive in the spring. Hopefully by that time, Julio would have presented his new plans for the Medical Centre.


The machine came to a halt as the process finished.

The room was silent as the three sims stared at the clear blue liquid. A few drops would cure the virus, killing it in its tracks as it made its way through a sim's body.

"We can make the annoucement," Julio remarked.

"I'll contact Fiona." Suzanna said leaving the room.

---

Anthony knew that his work was done. Dr.Wilsonoff and Dr.McMillian had made it clear that his services wouldn't be needed anymore thanks to the vaccine. The machine was programmed to produce the medicine automatically and the recipe and process were saved in the archives.

He wasn't upset, it wasn't as if he wanted to spend his entire life as a medical researcher dealing with sea lice. They made his head itch. No, he thought as he strained through another rep, he wanted to do other things in his life.

He had shared with Susie his dream of becoming a marine biologist. He knew that he still had simyears before he would reach his goal, however he could work on another goal of his in the meantime.

After showering, he was surprised to hear a knock at his apartment door.

"Anthony, may I come in?"

Anthony stepped aside and allowed Fiona into his tiny apartment. He watched as she calmly assessed the space. It was small, but practical.

"I would like to offer my sincere graditude to you for your role in discovering the vaccine for the Plumbbob Virus. The county is in your debt."

Anthony shrugged. "Without Dr.Wilsonoff and Dr.McMillian giving me a chance, I wouldn't have been able to extract the healing nature from the sea lice."

Fiona nodded. "Yes, they gave you a chance, but it was your earlier research that paved the way to the discovery."

Anthony watched as she walked around the small living room again. "I hear that you want to become a marine biologist, is that true?"

Anthony nodded. "Yes, it is a dream of mine. Hopefully I can reach my goal in a few simyears."

"I have a friend with AV Environmental. They're looking for a good marine biologist. I gave them your name. Expect a job offer within the hour." She stated glancing at the photo of Anthony and Susie on the wall.

Anthony knew his mouth was open and flies were flying in. A job offer! As a marine biologist! Surely he was dreaming.

"You're in love with her?" Fiona asked, nodded to the photos.

"Very much so. I plan on asking her foster parents for their blessing. Then I just have to find a ring, a reasonably priced ring, and think of a place to propose."

Fiona smiled. "I remember when Jesse proposed to me. It's something a woman never forgets."

Anthony watched as she headed to the door.

"Remember, they will call you in a few moments about the job offer. Also, the extra simoleans in your account isn't a mistake. The county has made sure to generously reward those responsible for the vaccine and the end of the Plumbbob Virus. Have a good evening."

---

Fiona wasn't lying. Within a few moments Anthony accepted the position of marine biologist with AV Environmental and his account had a significant increase. He used part of the money to book a short weekend trip with Susie. Nothing fancy, just a trip to Jah Hal Bazzar.

They had enough time to enjoy the exotic foods

and sleeping locales of the bazzar before their trip was over.

The trip allowed him to mention the concept of marriage to Susie.

"Marriage? Sure, I wouldn't mind getting married one day." Susie replied her mouth full of spicy shrimp.

Her foster parents were a little shocked when Anthony broached the subject.

They were well aware that he was serious about the relationship, but they wondered about Susie.

"Susie is so young. Are you sure about this?" Lyndon asked.

Anthony nodded. He knew that Susie often struggled with thoughts of other sims, but he was confident that he could convince her that he was all she needed.

Nicole laughed. "Susie might be young, but she's a romantic at heart. I'm sure Anthony wouldn't be asking us if he thought Susie would say no. I think it's a wonderful thing and you have my blessing."

Anthony looked at Lyndon.

"My wife is the hard cookie in our relationship. If you were able to get her blessing, then my blessing comes along with it."

"Thank you," he said to the couple. "Your blessing means a lot to me."

Now, he thought as he cleared the table, he just had to think of a place to propose.

---
  • He won't roll the marriage want away and Susie doesn't fear it, so I'm going to indulge him.
  • The Plumbbob Virus has run its course. I figured that with the extent of the virus that Fiona would make sure that the doctors and Anthony were rewarded. Anthony's reward was money for a trip and a promotion. Julio and Suzanna got extra simoleans, but no promotions.
  • I hope you enjoyed some pics of Anthony with less clothing.

7 comments:

  1. You know I did. A topless Anthony was great. All my female sims would be drooling if they ever got a look at him!

    I'm glad for his job offer and extra money. I just hope Susie doesn't break his heart in the long run. He seems like a very nice guy.. An awesome catch if I say so myself. ;)

    And yay, no mor eplumbob virus. I'm so glad it's finally run it's course. Too bad Ping was lost in the illness though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you've cured teh virus! Anthony is a definite hottie and I hope Susie realizes how lucky she is.....I guess time will tell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the Plumbbob Virus has been contained. I was worried about Susanna getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, go Anthony! Who knows how many Sims' lives he may have saved?

    I'm happy he's going to get to follow his dream and that he's going to propose to Susie! I hope she realises that she doesn't need other guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just can't beat a hot guy who's got brains to go with that body! LOL!

    I'm sooo thrilled the virus epidemic is over! Wow, it's been a roller coaster ride!

    I'm excited to meet this new doctor coming into town. And to see the new changes at the Medical Centre.

    I hope Susie will take advantage of this life opportunity ahead of her and accept Anthony's proposal. If she doesn't, somebody in my hood will. ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear they've developed a vaccine for the virus! So sad that Ping was lost before the vaccine was developed, but at least now they can prevent it from taking anymore lives.

    I'm nervous about what Susie will say when Anthony proposes! I hope she realizes what a great guy she has and doesn't let him slip away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. -Riverdale, I thought that you might like the topless photos. I was thinking about Anthony's past and we might uncover some posters from the time that he modeled through university...;)

    -Mizzgin03, we'll see. I think Susie is aware of what she has, but she's conflicted-romance/family will do that to you.

    -Franscesca, me too! I'm glad none of the doctors came down with the virus.

    -Carla, Anthony is so modest, he probably doesn't think that it was a big deal-just doing what he does best.

    -SH, you've seen Donna before from Pahala Shore and I bet there are sims lining up in SH waiting for my Anthony :P Funny thing is that the ladies of AV don't pay him anymind.

    -Shana, we shall soon see how Susie responds to his proposal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails