Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Again?!?, 2005

Resar, fall, 2005
Faith is 20

She should have been enjoying this time in her life. Enjoying going to bed at whatever time she felt like it,

having cereal every simday for breakfast,

and blowing her tiny paycheck on a new look.

She should have been enjoying days off spent in the hot tub

nights out at the bar,

flirting with the bartender over her usual drink.

She should have been enjoying bowling alone. When other sims had to go home to get rest before going to work the next day, she was improving her game,

perfecting her strike dance.

She should have been enjoying playing the violin

and hanging out with friends

chatting about nothing really since they were carefree and wild and young.

Yes, she even should have been enjoying lunch with her mother, who bit her tongue at Faith's new look, only remarking

"You changed your hair, it suits you."

who always asked how her violin technique was improving.

Faith should have enjoyed the mild annoyance when her mother asked if she was eating enough,

if she was getting enough sleep,

and when she would finally get a real job instead of working in that record store wasting her days punching the clock.

Those things she should have been enjoying ended the day she invited Walt over. She hadn't seen him in a while and he was back in town.

She couldn't recall when or how they had met, but she remembered the excitement of being in his arms.

It was more than just physical, they did talk...occasionally. They talked about the smoky nightclubs he found himself in at night, doing his stand-up routine. They talked about her record deal and how she wanted to get another deal playing rock violin.

They talked about the places he saw as he looked for the next club to host his act for a few weeks before always returning to Apple Valley Metro, always returning to her.
Faith liked Walt, probably not as much as Walt liked Faith, but enough to share her bed with him after the necessary time spent chatting mostly about Walt's desire to have an actual relationship.

Faith had planned her method of attack very carefully, arriving before her mother was off from work. How was she supposed to know that Susie would also be there and that her new boyfriend, Anthony was coming later to cook dinner for their parents.

"You should stay too, I promise that I won't drink all the pop this time."

Faith smiled, she didn't care about soda pop. It made her nausated now.

Lyndon knew that Faith didn't come as a friendly visit, that much was evident in her voice on the phone and seeing her now...now he knew, but he wanted her to tell him. He patted the sofa next to him and his oldest daughter sat down. Susie grabbed the next available chair, even she knew that the air in the room had changed.

Faith didn't bite her tongue. "I'm pregnant."

"You're pregnant," Lyndon repeated.

"Again?!" Susie gasped. "How did that happen?"

"The usual way," Faith retorted.

"Ugh, I can't think about kids right now. I have to keep my figure. You don't see any dancers hobbling around onstage like a bloated ball do you?"

Thankfully the doorbell rang and Susie excused herself to answer it.

"She means well,"

"I know, dad." Faith mumbled looking at her fingers.

"Dad, you remember Anthony? Anthony, that's Faith, my foster sister."

"Hello,"

Faith tried not to swoon. She knew that Susie's boyfriend was hot, at least according to her mom. Faith had to admit that he was cute, but she didn't see his face when she looked at him-instead she saw Walt.

"Mom's home." Susie added, dragging her boyfriend downstairs so that he could get started on dinner.

Nicole had a sixth sense about these things. She knew as soon as she left work early that Faith would be waiting and that there was a pregnancy. She knew for certain the moment Faith hugged her.

"You're pregnant." Nicole said sitting down in the empty chair in the office.

Faith nodded.

"What about money? Are you ok?"

Faith blanked. Her job didn't pay much and neither did Walt's job, but she knew her parents were not in a position to provide any substantial help.

"I'll be ok."

"What about the father? Does he know?"

Faith nodded. She had told Walt as soon as she found out. The reception was bad in whatever part of the country he was in, but she managed to get the message through.

"He just signed a contract with a club in Stinson to do his stand-up routine for a few simweeks."

"Will he be around?"

Faith couldn't answer. Would he be around? she thought as she sat down at the table "He comes to the metro pretty often, so perhaps."

"So, how long have you been cooking?" Lyndon changed the subject as Anthony and Susie joined the table.

Anthony wanted to crawl under the table. His signature pasta with moon ripened tomatoes didn't come out quite right thanks to Susie's help. "For a little while, I hated the university food so I learned how to cook."

"Well, a bit of advice." Lyndon said choking down a charred piece of pasta. "Don't let Susie do anything but wash dishes. She will ruin your meal everytime."
---

12 comments:

  1. I knew she was going to get pregnant, and then when she said the soda made her nauseated,that confirmed it! OMG, this was another birth control failure, right?? I had another one yesterday, and the Sim was on both inteen and ACR birth control. It makes me tempted to use the Sim Can Get Pregnant option. Definitely for some marrieds who have had their ideal number, a permanent solution is a good idea.

    ANYWAY, please excuse the rant...this was a really fun update to read. Faith's expression when she retorted, "the usual way," was priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well smack me with a charred piece of pasta!! LOL! Looks like the wild child is gonna have to slow it on down even more! What I'm most looking forward to is how she's gonna be dressing this baby! LOL! Faith is always in her own world with the outfits and skin accessories she wears...OMGOSH! I hope she and Walt will still be able to one day see their dreams come true. It was great to see this family all together with Anthony included. Bless his heart Susie helped him burn his pasta. hehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read somewhere that ACR over-rides Inteen's birth control.

    Somehow, I am more unsure about what to think of Faith's choice of face tattoo (-_-;) than about her pregnancy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about Faith one of the last times I'd read your updates, wondering if she was around and what she's been up to. Now we know! I was suspicious of a pregnancy when I read the title. lol Looks like things are about to change for her in a major way. It will be interesting to see where her life is going to go now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow...I've been wondering about Faith too. This is going to be a huge change for her and I only hope that Walt is willing to be involved, assuming Faith wants him to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. -Franscesca, I don't know if it was a failure or not. Faith invited Walt over and they headed to the photo booth, I didn't follow them and next thing I know she's throwing up!

    -SH, you can bet the baby will be dressed...interestingly. I'm wondering how things will go down when Susie meets Walt...again.

    -Lepifera, thankfully it's just blush instead of a tattoo. I saw it and knew that Faith would gladly wear the unique makeup.

    -Em, I wonder if Faith will still try to streak this new years?

    -Carla, Walt wants to marry Faith (what is it with these men wanting to marry the unwilling Humphrey sisters?) so we'll see if he sticks around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susie and Walt hooked up?!! I'm going to have go and refresh my memory on that! OMG, that's some drama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. -SH, I edited the post to add the backlinks to the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always wondered what happened to her first pregnancy. For the life of me I couldn't find it. I find it funny that she and Bill are both going to become parents, though she'll be actually taking care of her child. Wow, but I was waiting for this to happen. Here's to a cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. -Riverdale, I didn't notice that they were about to become parents at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Between Faith and Susie, I don't know how their parents survived.

    I hope that Faith can make it work with the baby this time. I am sure it is going to be interesting to see what her baby is dressed in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. -Oasis Valley, I'm not sure how they survive. I think they're more laid back then the Kents are concerning the same issues, but then again-they don't have to uphold a certain image...besides the pastoral image, but then again there's that stereotype of pastor's kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails