Saturday, March 20, 2010

Homecoming, 2005

Remar, summer, 2005
mini-update

To say that the last few simweeks had been rough for the Wilsonoff family would be an understatement. After delivering their third child more than three simmonths premature, the child was placed in the local intensive care unit for monitering and assistance.

Julio and Rebecca spent weeks feeling shocked, overwhelmed and fearful-many of those emotions were at the same time. Now the wait was over and it was time to bring their little one home. They shared a celebratory kiss outside the medical center.

"This is it."

"Yes, no more weeks at the hospital." Julio breathed a sigh of relief. Even though he worked here, it was a different feeling being on the other side. However he knew that they would be back. Ana Rayne needed special care, care that would require multiple visits to the hospital, but at least she was finally coming home with her family.

For the first time, Rebecca felt lost. She wanted to ensure that she was doing everything right, but Ana Rayne still looked so tiny, so helpless. Ana Rayne was no where near healthy, but she was healthy enough to come home. There were still surgeries to schedule, in fact, Ana Rayne would need constant surgeries most of her life...for how ever long that was. Rebecca tried not to think about that, simply enjoying the weight of her youngest child in her arms and the sound of her suckling her bottle.

Even Julio felt the same feelings in spite of his medical knowledge and experience. After watching your own child be hooked up to machines for what seems like forever he couldn't help but feel a mixture of excitement and anxiety over finally bringing Ana Rayne home. He knew that there would be changes and sacrifices the family would have to make in the near future. Their home was already on the market and they had placed a deposit on a townhome in the metro. It was walking distance to the hospital and cheaper than their current home. Surgeries and medical care for Ana Rayne was expensive, but Julio and Rebecca wouldn't have it any other way.

Sometimes he worries that they won't be able to care for their daughter as well as the NICU staff. The parents still needed to administer medicines in addition to getting used to having a newborn in the house again. However, Ana wasn't a typical newborn. She still required machines to monitor her breathing and they didn't know if...if there would be development delays with their daughter.
No matter what they felt, whenever they saw little Ana Rayne smile they counted their blessings that they were amoung the lucky parents who were able to bring their child home.

"Enjoy each day with your baby," Dr. McMillian had whispered to the couple as they left earlier. "Enjoy each day as if it was her last."
---
Ana Rayne is home! I still don't know how she will fare considering all the issues she had soon after birth.

Have you ever been knee deep in a story concerning your sims and even you, as the author, had no clue how things would turn out?

10 comments:

  1. Best wishes to Ana Rayne and her family. I hope she continues to get stronger and grow well. You sound like you've been through this in RL--my niece was born weighing only a pound, and had about two months in NICU, and this sounded just like my sister's experience.

    Definitely, I have one storyline right now that I am completely clueless as to what will happen when I next play that household. Do you mean you don't yet know what will happen with Ana Rayne?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad she's coming home to her family, and hope there is a happy "ending" to this story, as in a long life, filled with good memories.

    In regards to story lines, it's uncommon that I have a plan on what's going to happen. Cause every time I plan it all out... ROS or something unexpected happens and throws *my* ideas out the door. Which I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy Ana Rayne is home with her family! I hope she starts to thrive.

    Like Maisie, I don't usually plan things out very far ahead, so I don't normally have the problem of not knowing how things will turn out. It's rare that I even know what my Sims will be doing even one round ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. -Francesca, I don't know yet what will happen to Ana Rayne. There are some options available (and not available) since I want it to be realistic of a baby born 4.5 months premature in RL.

    -Maisie, instead of ROS, ACR always throws a hitch my way. Grrr

    -Carla, I have no idea what most of my sims will be doing the next simyear as well, but some are making their own path-ie rolling wants for babies and weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad Ana Rayne was able to go home with her family! I hope she does well with the things she'll have to face in the future.

    I usually don't know what will happen next in a storyline, though sometimes I do have an idea of where I would like events to go. But then my Sims usually end up doing something that throws my plans out the window anyway, lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. -Shana, don't you just 'love' it when your sims take over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aawww, Ana Rayne is home!! I think she's the strongest and bravest little infant ever. I hope she'll have a long life. And she's her grandmother's little namesake...that is so precious.

    I'm hoping that this couple will continue to maintain. They've been through so much. I look forward to seeing their move to the new townhouse. That's a smart move to cut down on their finances and move closer to the hospital.

    (I love the little pillows in Ana Rayne's crib, where'd you get those? Looks like they pull from the Maxis crib sheets. Me wants that. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. -SH, welcome back chica. Rebecca and Julio are as strong as brick. I actually decided to make them completely faithful since they're one of the few couples I felt that would actually be that way. Those pillows are part of the crib. It's the Atomic Superset from TSR's simaddict99-how do you like your crib bedding in it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bedding looks fantastic! I'm so glad you are enjoying it, and I love the wallpaper you used with it.

    Oh, I used to have that Atomic Superset. I must grab it again...I love that set for Becks, it fits her style completely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. -SH, the wallpaper is from Donnha (TSR). It's the Ridiculously Retro - Part 3 series. It's funky and 70's inspired just like Rebecca. Poor Julio is just along for the ride, he has no say when it comes to design in the house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails