Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's Mah Birfhday!, 2005

Patar, summer, 2005
mini-update
It was mostly Cameron's idea to host such a large party. To be honest, any party with triplets would be large. The couple, actually Cameron, spent weeks reserving the park, ordering the food and arranging for entertainment. The triplets were allowed to invite two friends each, which meant that there were nine children running around the park that sunny afternoon.

"This is nice, I don't get many birthday parties. I'm just so glad to be out the house without Udar, ugh, younger siblings suck." Myra said leaning back.

"They're ok. Matt isn't that bad, he tends to stay in his room chewing toys. I'm not sure about this new baby, though. It's going to be pretty noisy in our house."

Abel sat silently. He too had a younger sibling, but he only knew about Ana Rayne through photos. She was still in the hospital and wasn't home yet. Did it count as a sibling if they weren't at home with you yet and may not come home? He doubted that his parents knew that Abel and Amanda could hear them whispering to each other in the middle of the night. He hated walking into the room and seeing his mom's red eyes and seeing Pastor Humphrey talk about better places and preparations.

"Hey! The statue man is here!" Myra said hopping up from the circle.

After standing there for what seemed like hours, but in fact was only a few minutes, Myra struggled to understand how this was considered entertainment. All he did was stand still...boring!


"Umpah!"

"Dobah!"

"Poo!"

Veronika and Naraj burst into giggles after sharing their secret handshake. Jorge just looked on. He wasn't here for the party, in fact, he was just passing through with a client of his.

After waving to his twin he turned to the woman, "Ok, we have about 3 more miles to go, we'll pass by the waterfall and return to the lake."

"Isn't that all uphill from this direction?"

"Yep, let's go!"
"What do you mean, you don't want a hug?"

"Sims are watching! I'll be teased for weeks at school."

"Fine," Cameron said, "what about a handshake?"
On the other side of the playground, affection wasn't an unwelcome sight.

"She's so pretty," Abel grinned to himself watching Myra spin around.

"Come on," she shouted. "Are you gonna stand there all day? Jump on!"
So he did. Abel would happily do anything for Myra.

"When I grow up and get married, I'm going to get one of those for my kids. Do you want to get married and have kids?"

"Um, I'm only ten. I may be in the special class, but even I know that I have to do a whole lot of other stuff before I get married."

"I didn't mean get married right now, I meant in the future."

"I guess, I haven't thought about it much."


"So you haven't discussed marriage at all?" Suzanna asked, trying to hide the shock.

"No, right now we're content. We're having a baby and we have the triplets and Matt. Besides, Tobi just got divorced and out of a messy relationship, we're taking it slow."

"You're having a baby, that's hardly taking things slow."
"I wouldn't call it fast either, more like a medium pitch."

Tobi nodded."We have to get Jesse and Jorge out the house and then we can really see how 'fast' your pitch is."
By the look on the children's faces as they enjoyed the day,
Cameron did a great job of planning the event.
Happy Birthday Ping, Aaron and Simora!
---
Do you celebrate birthdays in your hood? Is it only the "big" birthdays that get celebrated (toddler->child, child->teen, etc) or the little ones where there are no transitions? Do your sims get parties or a simple gift or maybe a nod and a grunted happy birthday from family?

13 comments:

  1. Nice party! Only sometimes will I let my sims do this. I normally don't even take pics of it, it's all based on my mood at the time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite touching to read about Ana Rayne from Abel's perspective. So often the siblings feel left out in situations like this. I'm still hoping the baby makes it!

    I don't do the transition birthdays any more (they were always rare), because I like to maintain the illusion of gradual aging! I sometimes think about mentioning little birthdays but I've only done it once - Zaria went clubbing for her 25th birthday. I might do something like that again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will admit that I haven't actively "celebrated" transitions in forever. We're talking years? LOL!

    This made me laugh out loud and my husband gave me a funny look because of it:

    "Um, I'm only ten. I may be in the special class, but even I know that I have to do a whole lot of other stuff before I get married."

    Hee! I love children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. -Riverdale, I made changes to the park and it was BEGGING for an event, so I decided-hey, birthday party for the kiddos. It was actually fun to see all the kids together and playing.

    -Carla, I'm glad you enjoyed Abel's side of the story. I'm trying to touch on all the stories during each update whenever possible so that it seems continous at least.

    -Mao, I'm glad you liked Myra's little nugget of wisdom. She cracks me up-you should see her thought bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abel is so sweet. I feel for him, worrying about his sister, with all the unknowns.

    I like how you went from the girls to pitching baseball. very nice.

    I loved her smart butt comment about being only ten too!

    Looks like the birthday went by without flaw! That's great, WTG Cameron!

    As for in my hood, I celebrate them sometimes, on whim, no real reason, no real rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. -Maisie, I'm glad you are enjoying the posts. I'm trying to learn more about my children in AV-there's a lot of them-and they are really fun once you sit down and "listen" to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Celebrating birthdays, big or small, is fun, but my time with each household seems so limited I don't often do it. (I play them each for 2 sim days, and even with outings, it goes SO fast.) I might try the mod that lets you have parties at community lots again, because that would be really great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. -Francesca, I understand what you mean with the limited time with each household. Lately I've been playing my households bits at a time, so if I want to take them on vacation-I pop in and take them out-or if they need to go out on a date-I pop in for the date and then pop out. It makes it almost continuous as I've seen the households so much. I didn't know there was a mod for parties on community lots. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, playing the two day rounds makes taking them on vacation or to community lots much more appealing, I think. Carla told me about the community lot parties mod, and here's the link: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,101151.msg1476068.html#msg1476068.

    This was a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like such a fun birthday! I only celebrate the age transitions and not always with a party. It depends on how eager I am to move on to the next household at the time, lol. ;)

    Abel's little crush on Myra is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. -Francesca, thanks.

    -Shana, sometimes I forget to do age transitions birthdays. I guess with the new aging system it looks a bit odd, but I might have to write an age transition birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still trying to get a rhythm on how I'm gonna do my birthdays. I figure I'll post once-a-year birthday transitions, if there are any, in a special post. And if someone does something on those little in between birthdays, then that will just be posted in their household journal posts. I tend to miss a lot of transitions, though, on accident. I play right through it! They just surprise me and before I know it the toddler/kid has transitioned already!

    I like how you looped the conversations around the party. That was clever, grasshopper. :P I'm still cracking up at this update; made me laugh out loud. I'm glad I'm by myself. Hubby would think I was cuckoo. That little Myra is something else.

    And all I kept thinking to myself was..."Look at my little nephew getting all big!" (talking about my Sim, Ray Wilsonoff's nephew, Abel) I feel all related to them myself! That's crazy, isn't it? He's a handsome boy though! Wow. I was also happy to get an update on little Ana Rayne. I sure am pulling for her. *Ray sends his love to his sister, Rebecca, and her family.*

    ReplyDelete
  13. -SH, I've been debating the big birthday post as well. However I keep running into the whole FSBS aspect of it. Perhaps if the birthday post was in the newspaper instead of the blog. I'm glad you liked the looped conversations, I'm trying to take more risks with my writing style :)

    I feel the same way about my simmies in other hoods too. I can't wait to see Ray's baby with Lydia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails