Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bringing Home Baby Patar 2005

Patar, summer, 2005
mini-update "I still think it's a boy," Suzanna insisted at her husband's playful teasing.

Bradford smiled, the same suave smile that made Suzanna heat up from within. "Well, you know what Laci thinks it is."

"What?"

"A boy...and a girl."

"Ugh," Suzanna groaned. "I can't believe she said that, we better not."

"What do you think, Lilly? Is the baby a boy or a girl?"

Lilly looked up at her two goofy parents. She was just mastered the art of crawling and pulling herself to a sitting position, talking was far beyond her expertise at the moment. Instead she simply smiled a toothy grin as drool started to drip.

""Ugh," Suzanna gasped as another contraction hit her.

"Hmm," Bradford checked his watch. "They're getting closer, should we call Julio now?"

Suzanna nodded as she stretched her head to the sky. Instead of a piercing scream, she started to sing to keep her mind focused and off the searing pain. When her voice cracked from exhaustion and singing, she thought about their delayed honeymoon coming up this fall. A nice resort without the children. Walking trails, organic meals and warm fires cuddling with her hubby.

The jolt of another pain brought her back to the present. Within the hour, Suzanna delivered a healthy baby girl and not an additional boy like Laci's prediction. After a night of rest, she was able to walk around again, much to Bradford's dismay.
"You should sit down."

"I need to feed Lora."

"What's that, Lora?" Bradford asked leaning into his youngest daughter. "I'll tell mommy for you."

"What? Let me guess. Lora wants me to sit down."

Bradford grinned, "That's part of it."

"What's the other part?"

"She wants a little brother."
----
Welcome Lora McMillian!

14 comments:

  1. Welcome, little Lora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, welcome Lora!

    Laci is too cute...a boy and a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bradford needs to sit down somewhere. Since he wants a boy so bad, how about HE have it. I'll bet that'll shut him up.

    Bradford and Suzanna are too cute though. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. -Francesca and Riverdale, thanks

    -Carla, well you know Laci says exactly what she's thinking-usually it's cute, sometimes embarassing, but cute nevertheless.

    -Laurel Crossing, Bradford rolled a baby want, but it quickly rolled away. I think this couple might be done-but we'll see. I love my older couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Bradford and Suzanna! I thought it might be a boy too with all of the girls this family has had, but I guess they had to keep with the girl theme. Maybe Fiona will be the one to break the trend. I like the name Lora. Lily is very cute as a toddler.

    I'm glad for Suzanna's sake that Bradford thought better about wanting another baby right away! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. -Em, so far no boys from any of the Carrs. Maybe Fiona will break the trend like you said. However, I think Bradford and Jesse both enjoy their little girls. I almost emailed you to ask for another name, but Lora popped up while searching for L names.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, welcome little Lora! :) LOL at Bradford. I agree with laurelcrossing, if he wants a boy so bad he should try having it himself! Give Suzanna a break on the pregnancy and childbirth. ;) But still, families of all girls are fun when they get to be teens! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. -Shana, ugh I didn't think about a houseful of women and only three bathrooms. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laurel Crossing made me laugh, cause I was thinking the same thing...Bradford needs to go sit down somewhere with that mess, HAHAHA!

    This is such a cute family. I loved the fact that Suzanna was singing and thinking about her overdue honeymoon during labor, that was really cute. Looks like it's gonna be awhile before they can get away, though, with cute little Lora's arrival.

    Yeah, all these women in his house now. Bradford is totally outvoted...no wonder he wants a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. -SH, I think Bradford-and Suzanna for that matter-enjoy making the babies a bit more than having the babies :P I try to spice it up, all labors are not the same. Some women handle them differently and I wanted to showcase that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think having all girl's suit them. But somehow I could see Fiona having a boy next time. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

    I'm glad the name Lora came to you. I like it a lot. I'm not sure what I would have suggested if you had e-mailed me. I doubt I could have come up with a better suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww welcome to Apple Valley, Lora. I bet she'll bea cutie, and lol on "her wanting a brother."

    ReplyDelete
  13. -Em, I think you're right. The girls just suit them.

    -Maisie, thanks. We'll see if Bradford and Lora get thier wish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails