Friday, January 1, 2010

Unexpected, 2005

Hapar, spring, 2005
Julio is 38, Rebecca is 35, Abel and Amanda are 9



The spring air is still chilly, but that doesn't stop Abel from playing outside in his shorts. He was waiting, confident that all would be revealed soon.

"AAAABBEELLLL!!!!!"

He smiled at his sister's cry of terror.

"I'm going to tear you from limb to limb you dirty rotten filthy no good brother!" She screamed charging at him.

"What are you talking about?" he asked feigning innocence.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! You sent stinky Naraj a note saying that I like him! That's not true!"

"You do like him."

"I do not, you dirty rotten stinky potty head!"

"Then why did you say so in your diary?"

"You read my diary! I'm telling mom!"


Decade calmly stepped out of the way of the running twins. He knew from their tones that now wasn't a good time to while for a belly rub, instead it was the perfect time to start chewing the brand new flowers.

Thankfully, by the time Julio arrived home, the issue was settled with the twins. Abel had written a note of apology and was on a strict punishment-no TV and he had to do Amanda's chores for tonight, which meant clearing the table and feeding Decade.

Amanda was feeling a little better, still betrayed that her brother found her diary, but a good swing around the front yard was enough to cure that.


"Abel, you shouldn't be so mean to your sister." Rebecca scolded.

"Well, she told Myra that I liked her."

"Every sim in the hood knows that you like Myra, sweetheart."

Abel blushed.

"Yea...she's so pretty..."

"How's the little one?" Julio asked, putting his work items down and giving his wife's belly a pat?


"Doing well, a bit active today, but otherwise no gas or acid reflux and the mood swings have been minimal."


"That's always good to hear."
****
The next simday, Rebecca finally sat down at the urging of the women surrounding her. She had been planning a casual mommy group for a while. She wasn't the type to sit around and discuss diapers and pregnancy jokes, but Julio had been encouraging her to expand her horizons beyond her financial discussions.

"Ugh, I feel like I swallowed a beach ball. I can't see my feet anymore, I can't bend over and forget trying to unpack. Thank goodness I can still do my job, otherwise I'd go crazy."

"How is your new job, didn't you change duties?"

Suzanna nodded. "I'm now in charge of all the obstetrics, gynecology and pediatric care. Basically I take care of all the pregnancies, deliver all the babies and care for all the children in the hood."

"I couldn't do that," Cameron spoke up. "It's bad enough trying to keep up with the newspaper while being pregnant, I can't imagine delivering babies while being this huge. When are you due?"

"This summer I can't wait until I deliver this baby."

"Do you know the gender yet?" Nicole asked.

"I think it's a boy, but Bradford thinks it's another girl. We're going to be surprised at the delivery."
"Julio and I both think we're having a boy. Call it mother's intuition, but I know it's a boy."

"I think Jorge wouldn't mind having another boy. You know his mother had five boys, I don't know if I could handle five boys running about my house."

"Me either, excuse me for a moment." Rebecca said standing up.

Her stomach had begun to ache and cramp, perhaps it was the nachos she had earlier for lunch. By the time she reached the bathroom, a severe pain swept over her. She recognized the pain, but it was much too early.

"Quick, call an ambulance!"
---
Abel pulled the ROS - "Pick silly fight with sim of highest LT "
I have no idea why Rebecca went into labor early, maybe I set her pregnancy to the wrong trimester, who knows. But the baby isn't due until late summer not early spring.
Have you ever experienced a life changing event in your game when you least expect it? A baby born during a party? An unexpected death? A birthday spent alone in the bathroom?

7 comments:

  1. Gotta love having a brother. But reading your sister's diary is not cool. LOL

    Oh, no, she had the baby early. :( Is the baby okay? Will we have to wait to find out?

    I've had a few life changing events happen in my game. Nora getting pregnant her first year of college and the first time she ever woohoo'ed. Annabell Smith dropping dead after coming home from work.

    Those are the ones I can think of off teh top of my head. The littles twists that the game throws you tosses you for a loop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, one of my Sims (not in Sullivan, obviously) had unexpected sextuplets once. Would that be considered life changing? LOL!

    I hope the baby is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riverdale, I felt so nostalgic while writing about the twins. They should be in the 4th grade-so I thought about what my students would be going through and then I started to miss them since I don't teach them anymore :(

    Far as the baby, in AV pregnancies are 6 simlonic months, the baby was born 3 simlonic months early-which would be the equivalent of half a RL pregnancy (5/6 months) or about 4 months premature. Based on the odds, things don't look so well, but we shall see.

    Gosh, I hate it when sims drop dead. Thankfully it doesn't happen too often in my game, but does that ever mess up things in your hood.

    -Carla, sextuplets! Good gracious! Poor sim! How are they doing now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becks, let me know how you are; how the baby is. I had no idea you went into premature labor or else I would've called sooner.

    Lydia and I are doing fine. We're just worried about you guys...and Fredic.

    Take care and call us,

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Amanda, I know exactly what it's like to have pesky brothers reading your diary, LOL! ;)

    Yikes! I hope Rebecca and the baby are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ray,

    Things are not so well. The baby is very sick and in NICU. We don't know when we can take our child home :( I wish mom and dad were still here.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. -Shana, Ah, the joys of brothers :P Rebecca is fine, we'll check in on the baby soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails