Monday, January 11, 2010

Stress Me Out, 2005

Hapar, spring, 2005
Jesse is 39, Fiona is 36, Veronika is 7, Jessica and Jennifer are 2



Fiona is drained. She is more than drained, she is empty. Now that she has finally had a chance to slow down, the stress has caught up to her. Her body feels weak, she can barely hold down her meals and her mood has been swinging faster than bats at a championship ball game.


There has been good news since the move to the new terrain. Her twin brother, Fredic, was found hiding out at some cabin. She hasn't spoken to him since Gin called with the news, but Fiona is waiting for him to respond to her message. She wants to know why and how he could just leave his family without a word to any sim. Was he trying to sully the Kent name in the SUN community? Didn't he know the nature of politics? Didn't he know that she would be judged based on his actions? That she would be linked to his misdeeds? Especially since they were twins.


Thoughts of damage control swirled through her brain. Should she make a trip to Palatial Heights to smooth things over with Gin and ensure that the mayor of Palatial Heights knew that Fiona Kent took care of her business even if Fredic Kent didn't? Perhaps she could make a large donation, yes, a donation sounded just right. A donation to benefit children that are affected by stupid actions similar to Fredic's, maybe a scholarship fund, or a camp where the children can express their thoughts to counselors in addition to hiking and eating trail mix.

"You're thinking too much," Jesse said, handing her a slice of overcooked spice cake.

Jesse always knew when she was thinking too much, when the deep lines on her face cracked her skin even more and when her eyes lost that twinkle. He couldn't explain it, but it seemed like Fiona had aged overnight, as if the stress with Fredic and the move to the new terrain aged her by a decade.


He tried to distract her. "Are you used to the new furniture yet?"

The new furniture was the Kent's new dining room, after winning the Favorite Family award, Fiona and Jolie worked together to come up with a design for the dining room. After the design was approved, Keith Dalton of Sim City Furniture, brought it to life. Fiona was more than pleased with the results, the only downside was that she couldn't fit everything in the house.

"I am used to it and I love it. I'm especially pleased that Keith re-released our wedding gift. I didn't know what I would do once the movers announced that they had misplaced it."


"Yes, it will look great at the beach house. Speaking of, you should seriously consider a vacation."


"I would love a vacation. I could take Veronika skiing and the twins could play in the snow. That would be so nice."


"No, that's not what I meant. You should take a vacation by yourself. No children, no husband, no friends. Just you. You need to take some time and re-energize."


"I can't afford to take a vacation right now, things are too busy. Veronika just started the honors program at the academy and I have to monitor to ensure that the transition to the new terrain is going well."

Jesse sighed as he stood up to collect their dishes.


"Not to mention the work that still needs to be done in the metro with converting the old warehouse. I also have the party in a few simdays and-"

"Fiona," Jesse interrupted her and pulled her onto his lap.

She hated when he said her name like that, she knew that whatever he was about to say would nullify her previous words. Fiona might be the politician and the smooth talker in the family, but Jesse knew how to debate her down on matters that were really important.

"I love you," he started, kissing her nose.

Fiona's heart sank. She was in for the lecture of her life, she knew it. She slid off his lap and gave him a look.

"Just shot it to me straight, I don't want a lecture."
"I'm not going to lecture you," he said. "You're not a child, you're a grown woman capable of making your own decisions."

"Jesse, just tell me."

"You've given several reasons why you can't afford to leave for a vacation, but..."

"What?"

"Can you afford not to go?"
*****
It was the morning of the party, the twins were with Suzanna and Lilly Ana, while Jesse and Bradford took the two older girls to the park. Fiona was at the house preparing for the party and ordering sims around.

"Let's get some coffee," Jesse suggested.

"Uncle Jesse?"

"Yes, Laci." He replied, waiting his turn.

"Can Veronika and I play on the playground now?"

"Of course, stay where we can see you."
"How are you coping with Suzanna's pregnancy?"

"It's been well. Suzanna has really good pregnancies, not a lot of vomiting and mood swings and the woohoo has been amaz-"

"Ugh, I really don't want to hear that about my sister."

"Opps, sorry."

After a few moments of silence, "You know, I still can't thank you and Fiona enough for introducing me to Suzanna."
"If it wasn't for that night at the jazz club, I wouldn't be as happy as I am now. I don't think Laci would be as happy as she is now."

"Do you still think about Laci's mother?"

"I can't help but think about her," Bradford answered.

"Every time I see my little girl, I see her mother.

It's like you and Veronika, she looks so much like you that no one can deny that she is your daughter.

Laci is like that. The split image of her mother,

not only her appearance, but her personality as well. It breaks my heart knowing that she doesn't remember her that much, but at least now...at least now she has Suzanna."

"How is your son doing?"


"Bill is doing very well academically, it's his social life that worries us. Well, it worries Fiona. She has eyes and ears all over the place and he has yet to realize that."

"So is he causing trouble?"

"If you call trying to cozy up to your ex-girlfriend's foster sister trouble, then yes. Especially since it's the same ex-girlfriend that he got pregnant a few years ago."

"Ouch, how is the ex-girlfriend dealing?"

"She's causing plenty of her own trouble right now. Apparently, she has a habit of running around the metro naked."

"NAKED?"

"Yea, she-"

"Daddy, watch me!" interrupted the two men.
*****
"I think he's right, you need a vacation alone."

"I knew you would agree with your brother."

"No, this is the doctor side of me talking. You don't sound like you're doing well and you don't look like it either."

"Are you trying to say I look horrible?"
"I'm not saying anything that you didn't already know. You have noticed those wrinkles popping up."

Fiona groaned. "I know, I plan on making an appointment to get those filled in, I need my youthful skin back."

Suzanna laughed. "Even if you get them filled in, you'll still be fatigued and stressed out."
"Not for long, things will settle down soon."

"No they won't and you know it. You'll just find something else to keep you busy. Like this party, you have no business throwing a party so soon."

"But I wanted a party! Besides, it's a small party."

It was a small party, a few friends for some light snacks. Fiona didn't even enforce a cocktail attire dress code, instead allowing jeans and t-shirts for the casual get-together.

"Don't worry, spice cakes are the easiest to burn. The batter is so dark and rich that it's hard to tell if it's done or not. I burned many a spice cake in my past."
"I think I'm going to start trying to bake with applesauce to lower the fat. I'm starting to lose my six pack."

Jolie laughed, "I lost mine a long time ago. It's one of the results of cooking all the time."

"Thankfully, I don't have to cook as much anymore since we hired our butler again. However, I think we might have to look into hiring a full time nanny."

"If I knew what my sisters were up to in Roswell, I'd call them and ask them, but I haven't heard from them in a while. Maybe I could call Jodi in Riverdale and ask if she knows anyone."
"Fiona, you outdid yourself with this party."

"Thanks,"

"But perhaps you should rest more."
"Don't start Bradford, bewteen your wife and my husband, I've had enough. It's a little bit of stress and it will go away soon."

"Oh, touchy, touchy. Are you sure it's stress? You're beginning to remind me of Suzanna when she was first pregnant."

"You think I might be pregnant?"

"I'm not doctor, but you might want to consider it. Especially after all that vomitting at work. The office is starting to think that you have some sort of eating disorder."

"I don't have a disorder, they put too many peppers in the chili at the deli."

*****

"Come again another day!" Veronika sang.

"Com gin nothr ay!" Jennifer repeated.
"Mama, man up!"

"Ok, I'll put the man up. Like this?"

"High! High!"

"Ok, higher."

"Suzanna's here," Jesse said sticking his head into the small room. He couldn't help but smile watching his little girls and their mother.

"It will take me ten minutes and then I'll be ready."
Thirty minutes later, the couple stood outside of Green Patina Cafe.
"Sorry it's raining."

"Don't worry, isn't rain supposed to be good luck or something?" Fiona said good naturedly.

She knew that Jesse had planned this date for a while. Getting Suzanna lined up to watch the girls, making the reservations and handling all the details. She wanted to put forth a strong face for her husband.
"What would you like, mademoiselle?"

"To be honest, I know that I would like the tangerine tart for dessert. Other than that, I have no clue what I want."

"Can I order for you?"

"Of course, dear."
"We'll both start with the Liberty Salad with extra blueberries. I'll have the peppercorn kobe steak with sweet corn pudding and eggplant croquette. The lady will have the soft shell crabs with white truffle mashed potatoes and mango squash. For dessert, the tangerine tart as she indicated earlier and I'll have the chocolate mocha brulee."

"Very well, sir. Any wine?"

"No!" Fiona blurted.

Jesse raised his brows. "Um, no wine. Sparkling water will be fine."

"Any reason for the adversion to wine?"

Fiona shook her head and took a sip. "I just didn't feel like wine. Wow, that's a lot of food we ordered."

"Not really, the servings are small here."
"I have to admit," Fiona said when their first course arrived. "Li Yoo did an amazing job with the plans for the hood. I love just walking around Apple Valley and looking at the different views."

Jesse nodded, "She did amazing work, but she also had amazing direction from an amazing president."

Fiona smiled.

"That was my dream, you know. To be president of the SUN Core. To manage and help guide the SUN hoods would have been amazing."

"You would have been a good SUN Core leader, just like your mother."
"Thank you again for planning everything, dinner was amazing." Fiona said as the couple stood under the awning of the Warwick Hall.

"Thank you for making it an amazing evening, without you, it would have been rather dull."

Fiona laughed, "And a strange sight to watch you talk to yourself."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"This is for you," Jesse said pulling a slim envelope out of his jacket.

Fiona carefully opened it. Inside was a first class ticket to Tiki Island.

"Your plane leaves next week. I want you to relax at the beach house and just enjoy yourself."
Fiona didn't know what to say, so she simply showed him how thankful she was.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you, too." He replied, "I want you to be around for a long time."
"I will,"

"You better take care of yourself, then. I need you."

"I will."
---

Whew-ok, long!

Fredic has been found! Fiona is pissed that he deserted his family and possibly tarnished the Kent name.

Every sim that talked to Fiona talked about skiing and travels, so I took it that they were urging her to take a break.

I'm not sure what's going on, but when I zoom in close to Fiona's face, she looks so old and tired. Like her face is straining with all the stress. Maybe it's her make-up or something.

Do your sims get stressed out? How can you tell? What do you do for them to help them handle the stress?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm glad Fiona's brother was found. What a load off! Although now she has the fallout to deal with!

    I think Jesse is a good balance for Fiona. They're a nice couple, I really like them. I love that he's sending her on vacation by herself.

    I find maxmotives works pretty well for stressed out Sims, LOL! No, I'm kidding - I try to avoid cheats in my hood, although I have succumbed on occasion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Carla, Jesse keeps Fiona grounded, she's so much the politician. I like maxmotives ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. The date was super sweet, and the ticket for a vacation was such a nice thing to do. Are you going to update her vacation?

    I like the scene in the kitchen with the spice cake, and their conversations are so considerate of the other one. They're my favoritres.

    I'm glad her brother was found! I hope it's not too big of a mess to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. -maisie, the plan was to do an update of her vacation, but those two decided to throw me for a loop. Don't you love it when sims take control of their own lives :\ I've found out that the Kents are the favorites of most of my readers, they're an interesting couple. I've been thinking of doing a prequel of their romance but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love watching Jesse take care of Fiona. He knows her like nobody else does! It's so sweet! (The diningroom looks great!)

    The moments Fiona had with her toddlers was sooo freakin' adorable! I just loved when Jennifer tried to repeat what her mother sang...I just gushed all over; I could really hear her little voice in my head.

    Oh and I love the little tidbits of scenery I saw! Great job with the new terrain!

    The courtyard restaurant looks amazingly chic. Although, the rain must've made it hard to go through with that scene. I would've been so upset. LOL! And, Fiona doesn't seem the type, imo, to sit in the rain and mess up her gown and hair...but, she handled it wonderfully.

    I'm thinking to myself...she's pregnant. Yep...

    The fallout from the Fredic scandal may have already started.

    http://simdayspaper.blogspot.com/2010/01/palatial-heights-hills-gossip-thg.html

    Sorry... :P I hope Fiona doesn't take issue with Sabien, Sr...THG is Marisa Bendett's baby. FYI. LOL!

    I can tell my Sims are really stressed out when their smiles aren't as bright as usual..looks like there's a sadness behind their eyes. They really seem gloomy. And their body movements seem to be slower; more hesitant. I also watch how they act when they're alone. Thought bubbles are great to watch and interpret. And, you did a great job with the speech bubbles Fiona's caring friends/family were telling her. I think a vacation will be good for her, if she decides to go...if she CAN go. hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. -SH, the dining room is great, I was sad that the buffet didn't fit downstairs, but you know Fiona will probably extend the house to make room for that table :) Veronika and Fiona are good with the twins. Expecially Veronika, she always wants to play with or tickle one of them. Jesse's the same way, but he's at work most of the time. Thanks, I tried to make all the views from the hood great. You're right, Fiona isn't really the type to sit in the rain, but since it was drizzling on and off and it was her husband-whom she's devoted to-she grinned and beared it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that Jesse is a good balance for Fiona! He can help keep her from getting too serious about things. I like that he's urging her to relax and she could probably really use a quiet vacation!

    I like to send my Sims on vacation to relax or maybe just down to the local park or the beach in Arcadia for a little while. Hopefully soon Pine Hollow or Arcadia will have a spa with a sauna and massages for those Sims who need some extra help relaxing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. -Shana, it would be nice to have a little spa to relax at. I didn't think about that-Jesse could have saved a bunch of money. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails