Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Silver Bells, 2004

Peacar, winter, 2004
mini-update

Jesse reached into the oven to grab the still warm cookies.

The cookies were not gourmet cookies, and they did have a slight crispy edge, but he was trying to help Fiona as much as possible.

Fiona was in a very rare state of confusion and disorientation. Gin, from Palatial Heights, had contacted Fiona in a panic. Fredic, Fiona's twin brother, was missing. The couple had separated more than two months ago and they were sharing custody of their twin boys. There was still no news and it took everything in Fiona not to rush out to Palatial Heights. Gin assured her that everything was going well, but Fiona wanted to call all her affiliates to get on the case of her missing twin.


Soon guests started filtering into the home. The Christmas party would be the last community event before the big move to the new terrain.


"Thankfully, the current medical issues will be resolved once construction is complete." Suzanna discussed with Dr.Wilsonoff and her husband.


"I still don't quite understand the correlation, but as long as everything will be OK and our new baby healthy, then I'm fine with everything."

"It's not like you have much of a choice, Bradford." Rebecca said easing her growing body onto the sofa. "We only have a few simweeks before moving to the new terrain."


Not everysim had their thoughts on the big move. Lyndon and Nicole were still in disbelief about Faith's expulsion from university.

"How could she throw away such a great opportunity?"

"How could she throw away our tuition simoleans?"
Thankfully, the hired santa arrived with his good natured cheer and laughter. Ever Fiona cracked a smile on her worn face.

Nicole took the opportunity to dance a few jigs with santa, while some sims can't help discussing matters of the heart.

"Did you see how much our economy has been improving. It may seem like a little, but this improvement is key to the economic development of the hood."

Fiona couldn't help it anymore, she collapsed on her piano bench. Her fingers moved over the keys as if in a trance. They plucked out a somber melody from the large instrument. Jesse saw some of the guests grow a little uncomfortable.


"Darling, let's dance."

Fiona looked at her husband through a sheen of un-shed tears. She hated ambiguity, the not knowing, the not having answers. She nodded her head and rose from the piano.


Moments later, Jesse had successfully distracted her into dancing to some smooth grooves and the entire party followed suit.

---

Fiona's twin brother, Fredic, is missing in Palatial Heights and at the moment there is no word about his fate.


If you're a FSBS hood, have there been moments that a sim from your hood has encountered or experienced something in another hood that you may not have allowed if the sim was still in your hood?


For non-FSBS hoods, have there been moments that a sim from your hood has encountered or experienced something because of a ROS that you may not have allowed?

10 comments:

  1. I loved getting a look at your Christmas party! A missing brother though...that's not good news at holiday time. :(

    I think I joined FSBS ages ago, before I really knew what I was doing with my hood. I'm not really planning on sending any of my Sims away as of now, so I'll answer as a non-FSBS hood.

    I've definitely had things happen through ROSs that I would never have allowed otherwise. The first one that comes to mind is Betsy Carmody. There's no way Betsy would have had an affair if the ROS I rolled didn't call for it. My non-Romance Sims don't usually have affairs, so that's an unfamiliar thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Carla, aw yes, I remember that affair. I must admit-ROSs usually challenge my writing and creativity-especially if it's not like the sim to do the action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Fiona. I know she must be worried sick. :(

    I have had things happen that wouldn't have if it weren't for the ROS. Cecil Sutton dying by poison is at the top of that list. He might sitll be alive and Audrey might not have spiraled down as badly as she did if that ROS hadn't come up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for Fiona! I read about this on the SUN Board, but until I heard officially...I decided to stay out of it. Ray is very concerned as well, now. I wish you had a picture of Fredic...I would put it in Simmington-Times' World News section.

    The party looked lovely, despite. Rebecca certainly looks radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, forgot to say...yes, I've had this happen to me recently when my Self-Sim's son, Marchon, went off to school in Riverdale and shortly thereafter broke up with his girlfriend, Mary. Me and RD have been planning their relationship since they were both children...and I cringed at the risks RD was taking with Marchon in her game. :P Fortunately, he didn't fall for someone else, and he and Mary are back together again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. -Shana, you know Fiona is frustrated. She's used to being in control and making things happen-but this is one case where she can't.

    -SH, I remember reading about Marchon and Mary. At first I was full of glee (open the door for S'Ahmisa!) but I still had a feeling that things would work out for those two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A missing brother would be hard. I hope everything works out for the positive.

    The party looked quite lovely. Is much of it from the celebrations sp? I don't have that particular one.

    As for ros. Yep. Death of Brynn for starters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. -Maisie, I don't have the celebrations sp either. The decor comes from MAXIS and the holiday sp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! It's good to know. I think I'll add holiday sp to my Christmas list! It all looks great in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *kick's apple in the butt* LOL Sorry, as much as I love S'Amisha, M&M are together for ever! LOL Or so I hope.

    Since I don't have any sims in any other hood yet, I'll have to answer from the ROS point of view. When I had to kill off Newton Novak. I really didn't want to do that. I had he and Bell's future all planned out, their kids, their home, their jobs. LOL But I followed through anyway, since it had to be done.

    I hope Fiona finds her brother, or at least something is heard from him soon. I read about this over at the forum, but now it's offical. Missing family is never good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails