Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Change in Plans? Peacar 2003

Peacar, winter, 2003
Bradford is 39, Laci is 5 (Suzanna Carr is 38)

The last few simlonic months have been heaven, thanks to Fiona's matchmaking. Bradford and Suzanna are electric! The chemistry is amazing! Talk about love at first sight! Wow! They talk about everything from thier favorite music, to how proper hygiene prevents most medical diseases (he mostly listens to Suzanna talk about this), to how the local laws need to rectify thier loopholes (Suzanna mostly listens to Bradford talk about this). They enjoy many of the same hobbies, intelligent conversation and a physical intimacy worthy of fireworks.

Of course with every silver lining, there's a cloud. Bradford's cloud is that Suzanna plans to leave after the birth of her brother's twins this upcoming Hapar. Less than two simlonic months away. Bradford doesn't want to rush thier relationship, but he doesn't want to see her return to Eden either, at least not without him.

Suzanna invites him over to the house while the Kents are in Palatial Heights on SUN business. The couple makes full use of the empty house.

He returns the favor with a plan of his own. His brother, James, has been doing some construction work in Apple Plains and he convinces him to take Laci with him for the weekend. Before they leave, he interrupts his daughter's playtime.

"Are you excited, pumpkin?"

"A little bit. Uncle James said that I can wear one of those yellow hats and help build."

"He did?"He asks her as they begin thier dance ritual.

"Yea. Then he promised that we'd eat ice cream at the train station."

"Ice-cream sounds like a lot of fun."

"What are you going to be doing, daddy? Uncle James said that you wanted the house to yourself. Why?"

"Well, you remember Ms. Suzanna?"

"Yea, I like her. Is she coming over tonight? Dinner with her is always lots of fun."

---

Laci was referring to the last dinner that Suzanna had with the father and daughter. Laci dominated the conversation with her fairy tales and showing off her new wombat, Mr. Wombat, and bird, Ms. Birdie.

"Are you and my daddy going to have a baby?"

Bradford almost dropped the pot of boiling spaghetti.

"Why do you ask?"

"In the stories, whenever the prince likes the princess, the fairy godmother casts a spell and they get to have babies."

"She casts a spell, huh?"

"Yea, but it only works if it's true love. Do you like my daddy?"

"I do like your daddy very much."

"Do you like him more than your toys?"

"Yes, I like him more than I like my toys."

"Do you like him more at night or in the morning?"

"Umm, I like him at both times."

"His breath stinks in the morning, it smells like an old suitcase."

"Dinner is ready." Bradford announced, hoping food would slow down his daughter's chatter. "Laci, feed Mr. Wombat while while Ms. Suzanna washes her hands for dinner."

Alas, the dinner gods were not with him that night. Dinner started off fairly calm, but once Laci was halfway through her meal, the chatter started again.

"Daddy, do you love Ms. Suzanna?"

"I do," He said looking over at Suzanna. "and I love you, too."

"Do you love my daddy, Ms. Suzanna?"

"I do."

"Uncle James said that daddy is a lovesick puppy. I laughed, 'cause daddy's not a puppy. Do you like puppies? I want a puppy, but daddy said I have Mr. Wombat to take care of and not to put him in the briefcase anymore. Do you want to see Mr. Wombat?"

"Maybe after dinner."

"If you and daddy marry, will I have to sleep in a barn?"

"Laci thinks that all stepmothers are like the one in Cinderella."Bradford explained. "Laci, maybe you should feed Ms. Birdie before we eat dessert."

"Ok!" The little girl happily ran off.

"You're going to run out of pets for her to feed, Bradford." Suzanna whispered.

---

"She isn't coming over for dinner tonight, pumpkin."

"Oh, is she coming over while we're gone."

"Yes."

"Are you going to give her our present?"

"I'm going to try."


"Yea! Will you call me on Uncle Jame's cellphone and tell me what she says?"

"Of course, sweetheart."

---

The next evening, the scene was set. Bradford had the house clean, dinner was warming in the stove, he even remembered to ask his neighbors last night to keep the noise to a minimum tonight.

Finally, Suzanna arrived. It was as if she brought spring with her to the townhome.

"Can I change? I came straight from the clinic and I still stink." She said after kissing him lightly.

"Of course."

A few moments later, she reentered the living room.

"You look beautiful." He whispered in awe.

"Bradford, don't be silly. I've worn this before."

"Which doesn't negate the fact that you are a beautiful woman."

Suzanna grabbed him in an embrace. That was one of the benefits of dating when you're older. You know exactly what you want and you don't waste time with silly games.

"Do you want to play a game?"

"A game?" Suzanna smirked.

"Yea...uh, we have a dart set upstairs."


"So...uh...how's the real estate search going?" Bradford choked on the painful question.

"To be honest, I haven't been looking as much. Things have been busy here with the clinic."

"I understand. It's funny how life can happen and change all your plans."

Suzanna laughed. "I know. When I was in university, I had my life all mapped out. It's taken quite a different turn."

"Really? How so?"

"For one, I didn't think that I would come to visit my brother and fall in love with a terribly handsome man and his adorable daughter. " She said leading him to the nearby bedroom.

Before they could get much farther than kissing, they heard the front door slam. The couple ran downstairs to find James carrying Laci in. The little girl was moaning and sweating with a fever. Suzanna morphed into doctor mode and quickly checked the girl's vitals.

"Looks like she has the flu." Suzanna diagnosed. "Here-" she handed James a prescription. "Run to the pharmacy and pick this up for her. Bradford, you get her in bed and I'll get some soup and juice started."

The next morning, Laci was feeling much better.


"I'm sorry I got sick, daddy." She whimpered over breakfast.

"It's ok, Laci. I'm just glad you're feeling better."

"I am. Did Ms. Suzanna say that she would live with us forever?"

"I didn't get a chance to ask her, pumpkin."

"Oh...don't forget, daddy. I like her a lot."

"I won't forget."

---

The next evening, Bradford and Suzanna attended the building party of one of James friends. The party was mostly loud and full of binge drinking, so the couple headed to the hottub on the roof.

"I'm pregnant." Suzanna blurted.

Bradford was shocked to say the least.

"Whoa...I...wow...uh..."

"I'm due next summer, Remar to be exact."

"So, a summer cruise wouldn't be the best Christmas present then, huh?" Bradford joked.

Suzanna smiled.

"I'm here, Suzanna. I will always be here."

"I know." She said confidently.

"You're...you're keeping it?" He asked hopefully.

"Of course. This might change my travel plans to Eden."

"Screw the plans. Stay here with me."

"Bradford, I'm not some teenager. I can make it on my own."

"I know." He said painfully. "I know, but I can't make it without you. Please, stay with me."

She grinned and climbed into his arms for an embrace.

"You know, I had already started looking for real estate here...before the baby. Jesse had pretty much convinced me to stay here."

Bradford smiled. "You know, Laci and I had already brought a ring...before the baby."

"A what?!? You mean..."

Bradford grinned. "You'll just have to wait and see. I don't think a proposal in a hot tub after finding out that you're going to be a father again is very romantic. Laci would kill me if I didn't do it the way they do in the fairy tales."

----

Bradford has graduated from non-playable playable status to playable with his relationship with Suzanna. Suzanna joins the residents of Apple Valley since her brother convinced her to immigrate. Things should be interesting in the Kent household with two pregnant women.

10 comments:

  1. Awww, so happy it's overly sweet. LOL Can't wait to see him ask her. And congrads. on the baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laci is just the cutiest little girl ever. Congrats to the family on the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. -Riverdale, thanks. Talk about ACR taking control. I was simply "borrowing" Suzanna from Eden to visit her brother and then she met Bradford, which was fine-he could have simply left the hood, but then somehow ACR struck and boom! They're pregnant. I have no clue if they were on a lot while I was playing another family or what happened, but there's a baby-thankfully only one right now :)

    -Monique, Laci is a cutie, I can't wait to see how she ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, congrats to the little family. Laci is so cute! Funny how Sims make their own life plans sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. -Shana, thanks! Yea, I'm loving the kinks those sims are throwing into my plans :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laci really is too adorable. I hope she grows up being just as sweet as she was as a child. How could Suzanna not just fall in love with those too.

    About the ACR, I guess those two knew what they wanted and they weren't going to wait around for anyone else to say it's time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the reason why I love playing in this style. Things never happen the way we plan them and we have to go with it! It's a magical thing to see. This story is sooo beautiful, watching their love grow has been awesome. Now a baby!! Wow! I was hoping that she would stay in AV and marry Bradford! And that Laci tells it like it is. She's got so much personality that one. Cute as she can be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. -Em, Laci is a cutie patouie :P Now you can see my shock when ACR kicked this little surprise my way. Your Suzanna really does know what she wants-she's so...vibrant. I have a post detailing her wants that you'll HAVE to read :P

    -SH, I love the same thing. I was telling my husband, I wonder what so and so will decide to do concerning this. He thought I was talking about friends, but no, I was referring to the dear simmies. It's like watching a soap opera unfold and you're in charge with telling the story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will definitely be looking forward to seeing that post about Suzanna's wants! Knowing she's a wealth sim, I'm wondering if it has to do with her shopping and redecorating spree. lol Going to AV has really turned her life around. Her life in Eden seemed so dull before she left. She was living in her momma's house, working and studying all the time, bumming around in sweats and pigtails (because I'm too lazy to change my sims clothes and most of the time they end up wearing whatever they aged into.) with no really good romantic prospects. No one in the hood really seemed right for her. I even had to check her memories to see if she'd ever woohooed before, because I didn't remember. She definitely has a new vibrancy to her now, no doubt. It's been good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. -Em, I can tell you that it has nothing to do with buying things :P That's one of the things I enjoy about SUN Exchanges, sometimes your sim just needs time with another player and a fresh set of eyes. I love sending my sims to other hoods for vacations, business trips, education and long exchanges. I get to see how another simmer sees them and glean off of that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails