Monday, June 15, 2009

Time to Move On, Patar 2003

Patar, summer, 2003
Jorge and Jolie are 36, Grace Elise is 8, Ashley is 5, Esther is 1

Jolie swallowed again. The evidence was in her hands.



I know what you two did. Have you no respect for family values? Get out of town like your lover did or this will be delivered to the newspaper and your spouses.

To be honest she was waiting for the envelope for weeks now. Grex told her that his envelope finally convinced him to pack up and move to Apple Plains.

It was only once, the attraction was too strong, no one was around and she allowed her passion to cloud her judgement in that hot tub.

She didn't need much prodding. Her family was the most important thing to her. She couldn't bear to lose her little girls or her husband for that matter. To be honest, she wondered if Jorge would even care if he found out. His attitude lately was, if it feels good then do it. That didn't matter, she told herself as she pulled up a chair to the computer and starting searching for available homes-outside of Apple Valley.

That's where Jorge and Esther found her hours later.

"What are you looking for?"

"Houses."

"What?"

"This house is too cramped. We only have two bedrooms and with three girls and a dog, we're running out of space." She lied. That was part of the reason, the house was too cramped.

"Can we even afford anything else in Apple Valley?"

"No, I'm looking in-"

"Ba-ba!!!" wailed Esther, cutting off thier conversation.

---

The next day, Grex came knocking.

"What is it?" She hissed, ushering him to the sidewalk to appearences showed two friendly neighbors, not two cheating spouses, not a woman who slept with her friend's husband, not two sims being blackmailed for one mistake.

"I saw you."

"What are you talking about?"

"I saw you in the metro with him."

"He's my husband for simlius sakes!"

"Did you have to flaunt it?"

"You were with your wife!" Jolie yelled.

"What about us?" Grex asked, his face long.

"We have our families to think about. Ginger is pregnant...do you want to leave her?"

"No...do you want to leave him?"

"Never." Jolie said firmly.

"So...friends?"

Jolie nodded. "Of course."

Then spotting her daughters walking home, she quickly said goodbye and ushered her children inside.

After giving them a snack, getting them started on thier homework and making sure Esther was happily playing, Jolie checked her voicemail. Her results were in and now it all made sense.

Moving was now no longer an option, it was a neccessity, Jorge told her when he arrived home and she shared the news.

"Thank goodness I got that position disarming those warheads off the coast of Evage Bay. Otherwise I don't know what we would do."

"But twins?" Jolie whispered. "We tried for years and now we're pregnant."

"Maybe we should have visited the photobooth in the metro more often when we were trying."

The couple laughed. That's all they really could do at this point. They had three daughters and two children on the way. Their house was far too tiny for seven sims and a dog. Before they could discuss things further, thier doorbell rang.

"Rebecca, how are you?" Jolie said.

"Great, do you have a minute?"

Jolie nodded and stepped into the warm night air.

"I have a proposition."

"Uh...ok."

"Open a bakery."

"What? With what simoleans?"

"I can arrange a very favorable business loan and large discounts on the purchase of land or a builder."

"Why?"

"Politics."

"Honestly, what's the catch?"

"The bakery has to be in Apple Plains."

"Apple Plains? Why?"

"Politics."

Jolie wasn't stupid and caught on quickly.

"Who sent it?" She hissed.

Rebecca remained mum.

"Are you serious? I'm pregnant and being forced out of the hood? Where's the family values in that!"

She still remained mum.

"Rebecca, you're my sister-in-law, my friend. You can't say anything?" She pleaded.

"Listen, if I were you, I'd take the favorable business loan, find a nice home in the Plains. Land is cheaper there and you can get more than you have now. Think about your family. They deserve better, they deserve not to be whispered about as they walk the hallways of school and work. Right now very few sims know about your affair, don't you want to keep it that way?"

Rebecca had a point.

"Yes..." Jolie sighed before allowing the tears to fall. Her friend opened her arms and allowed the woman to cry on her shoulder.

"How could I have been so stupid! That one stupid mistake is destroying my family!"

"No it's not. It's getting you a favorable business loan. Think about it. You would have had to move anyway with the twins coming. Housing prices are too high here and you wouldn't have moved to another hood since it's too far from your family and friends. Now you're moving to Apple Plains like you would have, but you have money to start your own bakery like you always dreamed. Think of it as a do-over." She explained.

Rebecca had pity for the woman, if that photo wasn't taken, then probably none of this would have happened. Take that back, if they had used thier heads instead of following thier passion then this wouldn't have happened.

"So what do you think I should do?"

"Take the offer and move."

"Does Julio know?"

"No. Hell, I don't want to know! I plan on forgetting about it as soon as I return home."

"Should I tell Jorge?"

"That's your call, honey. Right now he doesn't suspect anything. We're all allowed a laspe in judgement."

"Thanks." Jolie smiled and wiped her tears before turning towards the house.

"Wait."

"What?"

"One question...are the babies...?"

"Jorge." she answered with confidence.

---

Jorge and Jolie decided to annouce to the girls that they would be big sisters and that they would be moving.

"Will Esther and I have to go back?"Ashley asked.

Jolie smiled. "No, we're your forever family."

"Where will the babies sleep?" Grace Elise wondered.

"Well, we'll have to get a bigger house." Jorge said.

"So we're moving?" Ashley asked.

"Yes, we're moving."

"That's exciting! Wait until I tell the kids at school. A bigger house! We'll have new friends and our old friends and we can have a slumber party!"

"When do we move? When can we have the slumber party?" Ashley asked.

"When mommy has the babies, we'll move."

"Is that long?"

"A few simlonic months but time will fly by."

"Cool!" the girls shouted before stuffing the rest of thier cereal down thier throats. It was almost time for school.

---

Whoa, whoa, and whoa. This is a family of surprises. I was first enlightened to the attraction bewteen Grex and Jolie during a play session of the Farmer's Market several weeks ago. All of a sudden, Grex popped up the action to kiss Jolie. I canceled it right away. Grex was a family man after all!

Well, sims despise being controlled. While playing another sim Grex and Jolie-along with several others-were invited to a party. When Grex and Jolie disappeared, I thought nothing of it until I looked at the roof and noticed the cute embrace of a couple in the hot tub. Except said couple was married to other people. I took a photo mostly because of the angle, but Grex and Jolie took the kissing further on thier own. All I could do was watch since they were outside of my control.

Grex really did see Jolie downtown with her husband and was furious with her. He even slapped her! The funny part of everything is that, he had just emerged from a nearby hotel room with his wife and Jolie and Jorge were emerging from a photo booth. The really funny part of everything is that pregnancy scanner revealed that Jolie and Ginger both ended up pregnant at the same time from that prior moment-thankfully Jolie was carrying Jorge's child-otherwise this would have been a bit more scandalous.

When I went to play Jolie for her pregnancy, the scanner said 1 child expected. Not too bad, it would be cramped in the two bedroom home, but with two sets of bunkbeds, it would have been doable...for a while. When her belly popped and I did another scanner, it said TWO babies expected-due Givar 2003. That confirmed the fact that the Dawson family would be moving out the hood and going to the plains were home prices were cheap and houses larger.

Can you guess who sent the letter and photo?

6 comments:

  1. Jolie, what in the world were you thinking!!!!! You can't just act on your attraction to other men! I just hope your husband doesn't find out.

    Honey, if you were feeling like this you could have called me. We could have talked it out. Know that I love you no matter what!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhh, he won't find out if you don't yell the news from the top of the tallest building in SimCity! I don't know what happened, honestly! I mean, it was like my passion took over and I had no control! Gosh, Grex isn't even that nice of a man! I definately see no future with him-ugh! I can't believe I did that!

    Jolie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to catch up with your blogs but so far I love it! I'm incorporating your traits system into my legacy (not a challenge just play with the same family!). It's a really great idea! I've had fun coming up with my own traits to play out.....once again, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. -Taylorfamily, welcome and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *jaw on floor* I can't believe this!! OH BOY, was this a great update! So JUICY!!

    My bet is that it's Jadhira Shazad, the unemployed, angry former employee of Grex's, who has a bone to pick and nothing else to do with her time. :P She must've lucked up on being in the right place at the right time. ?? My guess. Am I right? Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. -SH, nah, it's not Jadhira. Good guess though, I didn't think about that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails