Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Little Down Time

Hapar 2000


The beginning of the month was a welcome change from the cold winter that left us stranded indoors many simdays with the large amounts of snow. Finally it was spring and time for baseball season which would lead into basketball and football season. Speaking of which, I need to talk to Jesse about playing a game of flag football soon, now that the snow is gone.


Li and I settled into our new apartment. With the hood council mandate, all we could afford was a unit at Daniels Row. It's a bit small, our bedroom barely has enough room for our double bed, but it's comfortable. Li quickly got to work renovating it, as much as she could with her large belly, and preparing the nursery for the babies. It's a bit harder to decorate, so she says, since imports are greatly restricted. But she made it work and it looks great.

Work has been slow, the occasional vandalism of property or stolen newspapers. Nothing serious, thank goodness. With the influx of tourists and transient sims, many residents expected crime to increase, but it hasn't. Apple Valley Metro hasn't either.


I should have appreciated the downtime at work. Now that the babies are here, I spend every waking minute with them. Three little mouths to feed. Li was amazing, the delivery was quick. I admit, I was worried at first since this is Apple Valley's first triplet delivery, but Julio did a great job and after a few days in the clinic, the babies were ready to come home. Aaron, Ping and Simora keep us very busy to say the least. Thankfully, I managed to take a few days off to help Li care for them.


Even though we both had days off to care for the babies, we still crashed whenever we could. I barely see my wife awake and soon I will have to return to work and Li's maternity leave will be over. We'll have to see about getting a nanny or a babysitter soon, but I don't know if we can afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails