Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Leaving Legacy

Lovar 2000
This month started out fairly busy. I did a few renovations of CupaJava and I am very pleased with our new location, bewteen the Veronika Kent Medical Centre and the Apple Valley Academy. So student and patients walk by all the time and stop by for a cup of coffee or delicious cake from my baker Jolie Dawson. Eventually I will have S'Ahmisa start helping with the business since she has expressed interest in maintaining it. She has her eye on Pierce University and studying economics. I think it's never to early to map out your life, but my wife constantly reminds her that she's 12 and in the 6th grade and that she has plenty of time to think about her future.

However, we must both admit that she's growing up. Verde Herendez came over and took her to Apple Valley Metro to the new sports park. I wouldn't call it a date per se, but I suppose it was. I never seen that boy so dressed up before. He slicked back his hair and he even seemed nervous. I guess that is one good thing about losing that bidding war for the house at Greymount Pointe is that the preteens are not exactly neighbors now.

While I worry about the activities of my oldest, my youngest has her head stuck in the books. Not her school books mind you, unless it's science, but her favorite magazine "Nature Geeks". Si'Enya has started keeping a box of her collectables. Insects mounted to the cardboard, labeled specimens of leaves, detailed notes of bird encounters. Her love for all things nature has even effected school life. She's been having negative encounters with a group of students over ant hills during recess.
In other news, I sold our vacation home and am currently bidding on another larger cabin. I plan on taking the family back to the mountains soon so we can relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails