Friday, May 30, 2008

Decorating

During our honeymoon I found a rare vase in the dirt, so I sold it and Li, being the woman that she is and I love her dearly, decided to redecorate. To be honest, I love it and decided to write about it :)

First, she had the existing half wall that seperated the kitchen/dining room and the living area taken down, then she had a series of walls put up to divide the space into smaller "rooms".

The foyer starts with our existing benches and paintings in the same position and she moved our old rug to the area.
Then she had a half wall installed and shelves added so we could display our souveniors, new carpeting and wall paint

and she hung the two ancestoral paintings (ts1) that I had commissioned over the stereo. One is of my ancestor, Alisa Crawston in her wedding dress, the other is of the original Greymount Sweenys on thier wedding day. In bewteen is a photo of Li and I during our wedding day. She doesn't know it, but I've commissioned a painting of it for our anniversary.

Behind the brick half wall sits the new living room with a brick accent wall, new window (to see the view of the surrounding sea). There are wooden pillars and a tibetian table. Li says it reminds her of her urban life in SimCity, My TV is still there and it still gets the sports channel so I'm happy.

She created a small reading corner for herself-so she could review books for the book club she said, I think it's her little zone-her comfort area, so to speak. Sort of like "Sports at 6" is my zone.

Now the kitchen is walled in, it looks the same, there is a space in the walls (no doors-to restrictive Li said) for the entrance

the accent tile has been extended to the new wall of the dining room and our old stencil has been moved.

The kitchen is walled in (I still think we need a sink, Li said not to worry, that the kitchen will be getting a facelift soon-yikes!).

Surprisingly it didn't take a lot of money for the drastic changes since we used our souveniors, and previous items. Li says she wants to do the master bedroom and bath next, I personally would like a basketball court, but I don't think that will be happening anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails