Friday, May 4, 2007

I've Moved In

I've (Carmela Lopez) have moved in with the Herendez family. It has been a scary trip. Thankfully I tracked down a distant relative here in Apple Valley (Elaine Dawson, we're related through a common ancestor-Maurice Dawson) and I was granted a temporary visa. I had to leave that place as quickly as possible. I probably would not have survived much longer-they were not using me as much and I could tell that I had become a liability. I couldn't take the abuse much longer.


Antonio Herendez agreed to marry me-thus making my visa permenant. His father is pleased, I'm hispanic-apparently that was the only requirement for his daughter-in-law. I tried to cook, but the omelettes caught on fire. I contemplated tossing myself into the flames to end this misery.

I'm pregnant-there's no way to tell who the father is, especially since I was used so...shamefully. But I survived...I think. My pregnancy means that Antonio and I will marry in a quiet ceremony in the garden. I don't know if I would do the same if I were him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails