Monday, May 28, 2007

The Centre

The hood council offically manages "The Centre". We decided to transfer the deed to each hood president following each election. At the moment, since I'm the president I manage the lot. I'll visit the lot every simTuesday, simThursday and simSaturday, but residents are welcome to visit the lot any time. The facilities are the same, but a bit different. The biggest difference is the gift shop. We are selling coffee mugs, customized "I *heart* AV" tees, blankets, cupcakes and donuts. In the back of the shop, there's a small office for the newspaper. We're going to renovate the office and make it a bit bigger and also place some newspaper stands in the shop. We hired Clark Grey as the hood's journalist for the newspaper. He will also be in charge of the website, the library and the local paper. The next biggest change is that we added a children's section to the library. Whew! Now we need to hire a cashier for the gift shop, I need to focus on doing work in my office while I'm here.

1 comment:

  1. Great work, Ayanna! I'm so pleased to see the changes going on in AV! This must be an exciting time in Apple Valley. Nothing makes the sitizens more motivated than giving back to them.

    I wish you and your Council continued success!

    --Judge Sabien Cunningham
    Spokes Sim, Hood Council Leader
    Simmington Hills

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails